First and Foremost
Every world has rules, both spoken and unspoken, and a lot of the times when I stroll into a new role play, the characters don't perform the basic necessities to life. It irks me a little, so here's a list of things that one should be doing, and how regularly.
- Pass the breast of dragon, please - No matter how much you don't want to, most character races need to eat at least once a day, along with a snack or two, or else they will suffer from malnutrition, suffering major loss to most stats. Most General Stores and Taverns sell rations and plenty of hunters will offer raw meat that you'll need to cook.
- Waaaaaater! - Again, a small thing, you typically need water to live, unless you are some kind elemental, which I highly doubt, you will need to drink at least a little bit of fresh water every day. Dehydration can and will sap all of your stats incredibly quickly, so don't get caught of guard. All towns have some source of fresh water, otherwise they couldn't exist, and there are plenty of sources in the wild too, so don't get dehydrated out there.
- Insomnia? Nah, I've just too many quests to do - Something to be less concerned about, you will need to sleep. Sleep deprivation can and will kill a careless character, and will slowly sap all of your stats until you drop dead. There is no excuse not to sleep every night other than being nocturnal, in which case you should sleep during the day.
- Cough, Cough, Wheeze - Diseases do exist in Bennick, and if you frequently bathe in the blood of your enemies, no matter how disgusting they were, you WILL catch a few. Most aren't lethal, but all will hinder you in some way. Most healers and several potions will cure you, but they come at a cost. Stay clean (enough), adventurers.
- Dress or Mess - No angels or fairies or sleep gremlins and shit will restore your health every night. But, I do realize you're a mighty hero with no time for bandages and such, and that's fine. You will heal at incredible rates, but your minced arm won't heal overnight. Although, being a hero, if you manage to find time for bandages and such, it will heal much faster than left untreated. If any wound is left exposed for too long, you WILL catch something, and won't heal nearly as quickly. So don't let your wounds fester. See the General Health Section under the General Rules tab
- This is the stench of ADVENTURE - Now, I realize that you are a mighty adventurer, and that smell is the smell of victory and adrenaline, but seriously, take a bath. Every day certainly isn't necessary, but when you are coated in blood, smell like Satan's armpit and flies drop dead near you, you will lose charisma and I am mostly positive that you're going to catch something. And no, the grimy lake that you dove into to kill the six-headed purple people eater doesn't count. That's just gross.
- The exciting life of a hermit - You're an adventurer, that much is easily figured out. But, if you sleep for seven days straight in anticipation for your next adventure, you are gonna be INCREDIBLY sore. This should be obvious, but get out of bed every so often, it's actually good for you!